KEY DATES 2023
Submission Open December 15, 2022
Submission Extended April 21, 2023
Selection Notification May 1
Delivery of Artwork May 12 – 13 (9am-4pm)
Gala Opening Night May 19 (7pm-10pm)
Art Exhibition May 20 – 22 (9am-5pm)
Artwork Collection May 22 (6pm-8pm) &
Artwork Collection May 23 (9am-6pm)
Exhibition and Delivery location
KC Smith Hall, St Kevin’s College, Moonga Rd, Toorak
EXHIBITION AND PRIZE SELECTION
All submissions will be initially assessed by the Omnia Art Prize selection panel to select a shortlist for exhibition. All entrants will be contacted by email and advised whether or not their artworks have been shortlisted.
The Omnia Art Prize guest judge will decide the recipient of the Omnia Art Major Prize and the winner will be announced at the Gala Night on Friday 19 May 2023 . All shortlisted artists will receive one complimentary ticket to the Gala Night. The Audrey Culliver People’s Choice Award will be announced at the conclusion of the exhibition.
The significant prize money should not deter artists from submitting smaller and/or more affordable works. All artworks will be given equal consideration during judging and the Omnia selection panel is seeking to shortlist artworks across a range of price brackets and mediums.
All artworks must be available for sale for the full exhibition period. The organisers shall retain 25% of the nominated price for any works sold throughout the exhibition, or afterward, as a result of the exhibition of the Omnia Art Prize.
Our guest judge for 2023 is Dr Victoria Lynn, Director of TarraWarra Museum of Art. She is the author of three books and over 70 articles and catalogues.
The Omnia Art Prize will accept submissions of original artworks, completed recently in the following formats.
• not exceed 153cm in height or width, including frame.
• be able to be mounted on the wall.
Diptychs and triptychs are accepted where they are considered as one work and the finished size complies with the overall size limit.
• be freestanding, non-site specific three-dimensional objects.
• not exceed 80cm in any dimension.
• have a stable base.
Medium – mixed media, paintings, works on paper (drawing, collage, editioned prints), photography, ceramic and all sculptural mediums.
In addition to artworks for sale at the exhibition, artworks will also be listed in an online catalogue. Buyers who want to purchase artworks from the online catalogue will need to call the Omnia team to arrange the purchase. Unsold works will remain listed on the online catalogue until 30 August 2023 unless we are instructed by the artist to remove work/s.
Unsold artworks must be collected at the completion of the exhibition on Monday, May 22nd 6pm – 8pm or Tuesday, May 23rd 9am-6pm.
Buyers who purchase artworks using the online catalogue will be required to pay shipping costs.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The Friends of Art Committee (FOAC), St Kevin’s College is responsible for the management of the Omnia Art Prize. The Artist enters into an agreement with FOAC with regards to all the terms and conditions outlined below and for all purposes associated with the Omnia Art Prize exhibition and sale of artwork.
- Entry is open to Australian-resident artists and Australian-citizen artists living abroad.
- Artwork must be an original artwork, signed by the Artist.
- The Artist cannot submit artwork if it has been submitted previously.
- The Artist agrees to make available for sale all submitted artwork for the full exhibition period from 19-22 May with extended sale through our online shop for six weeks following the exhibition to until Friday, June 30th
- The decision of the appointed judge shall be final.
- A 25% commission fee will be retained of the sale price for any artwork sold as a result of the exhibition in the Omnia Art Prize.
- FOAC reserves the right, at its absolute and sole discretion, to reject, at any time, any artwork submitted by an Artist to the Omnia Art Prize.
- The Artist grants the right to reproduce their artwork and biographical material, by any means, in any media, for promotional purposes of the Omnia Art Prize. The Artist will be properly acknowledged in such promotional material.
- Artwork must be professionally presented for hanging and display. Paper and photography artwork must be framed and include D-rings or hanging wire.
- The Artist is responsible for the transport of their artwork to and from St Kevin’s College on the artwork delivery and collection dates. This includes freight and transport costs (including insurance) in both directions.
- Artwork delivered must be securely wrapped and clearly labelled.
- We will take all reasonable care when handling artworks.
- The Artist agrees that the FOAC is not responsible for loss, theft or damage whatsoever to the entered artwork from delivery of the artwork until collection by the Artist, or their representative, or purchaser.
- Where an Artist or FOAC is unable to perform its obligations under any terms and conditions because of acts of God, strikes, equipment issues, damage or other causes reasonably beyond their control, they shall not be liable to the other for any damages resulting from the failure to perform such obligations.
- If the Omnia Art Prize is cancelled for any reason, the Artists will be refunded the $35.00 entry fee.