Artist Information and Entry Form
Applications close 28 March 2024
ABOUT THE PRIZE
Applications are now open for the 2024 Omnia Art Prize and Exhibition.
One of Australia’s premier art awards and exhibitions for contemporary art, this annual $15,000 art prize is open to established and emerging Australian contemporary artists, with all artworks for sale through our gallery space and online shop.
Over its 50 year history, the Omnia Art Prize and Exhibition has continued its vision to bring talented artists and communities together to celebrate contemporary Australian art while raising funds for the St Kevin’s College Foundation.
Artists are invited to submit up to 3 artworks in any medium including small sculptures. Please read the Conditions of Entry and Terms & Conditions before completing the submission form below.
THE OMNIA ART MAJOR PRIZE
The Omnia Art Prize 2024 is offering two prizes:
- The Omnia Art Major Prize – $15,000 for most outstanding work in any medium
- Audrey Culliver People’s Choice Award – $1,000 for most popular work
You may submit up to three artworks by completing the application form and paying a $35 non-refundable entry fee.
KEY DATES 2024
Entries Open: Monday November 27, 2023
Entries Close: Thursday March 28
Artists Selection Announced: Tuesday April 23
Artwork Drop Off: Friday May 17- Saturday May 18, 10.00 – 5.00pm
Gala Night Opening: Friday May 24
Exhibition: Saturday 25 – Sunday May 26, 10.00 – 4.00pm
Artwork Collection Unsold Works: Monday May27, 12.00pm – 7.00pm & Tuesday May 28, 10.00am-5.00pm
Online Art Shop Close: Sunday June 20, 6.00pm
EXHIBITION AND PRIZE SELECTION
The Omnia Art Prize selection panel selects around 250 artworks from all works submitted to appear in the exhibition and the online shop.
The panel seeks to shortlist artworks representing a range of price brackets and mediums so the significant prize money should not deter artists from submitting smaller and/or more affordable works.
All selected artworks will be exhibited and available for sale at St Kevin’s College, Toorak, Victoria from Friday, May 24 – Sunday, May 26, 2024. The Art Prize will be awarded by a guest judge at the Gala Night. All shortlisted artists are warmly invited to attend the event (and receive one complimentary ticket). The Audrey Culliver People’s Choice Award is announced at the conclusion of the exhibition.
All artworks must be available for sale for the full exhibition period. The organisers will retain 30% of the nominated price for any works sold at the exhibition, or as a result of the exhibition.
The Artist agrees to make all shortlisted artworks available for sale for the duration of the exhibition and then for a further six weeks through the online shop.
The Omnia Art Prize will accept submissions of original artworks, completed recently in the following formats.
• not exceed 153cm in height or width, including frame.
• be able to be mounted on the wall.
Diptychs and triptychs are accepted where they are considered as one work and the finished size complies with the overall size limit.
Small sculptures and ceramic sculptural objects
• be freestanding, non-site specific three-dimensional objects.
• not exceed 80cm in any dimension.
• have a stable base.
Medium – mixed media, paintings, works on paper (drawing, collage, editioned prints), photography, ceramic and all sculptural mediums.
ONLINE ART SHOP
In addition to artworks being for sale at the exhibition, artworks will also be listed in the Omnia Art Prize online shop.
The online shop will open Saturday May 25 and remain open until Sunday, June 30, 2024. Unsold works will remain listed in the online shop until that date unless we are instructed by the artist to remove the works.
Unsold artworks must be collected at the completion of the exhibition on Monday, May 27 12:00pm-7:00pm or Tuesday, May 28 10:00am-5:00pm.
Buyers who purchase artwork using the online catalogue will be required to pay shipping costs.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The Friends of Art Committee (FOAC), St Kevin’s College is responsible for the management of the Omnia Art Prize. The Artist enters into an agreement with FOAC with regards to all the terms and conditions outlined below and for all purposes associated with the Omnia Art Prize exhibition and sale of artwork.
- Entry is open to Australian-resident artists and Australian-citizen artists living abroad.
- Artwork must be an original artwork.
- The Artist cannot submit an artwork if it has been submitted previously.
- The Artist agrees to make available for sale all submitted works for the full exhibition period from May 24-26 with an extended sale through our online shop following the exhibition until June 30.
- The decision of the appointed judge shall be final.
- A 30% commission fee will be retained of the sale price for any artwork sold as a result of the exhibition and/or online catalogue.
- FOAC reserves the right, at its absolute and sole discretion, to reject, at any time, any artwork submitted by an Artist to the Omnia Art Prize.
- The Artist grants the right to reproduce their artwork and biographical material, by any means, in any media, for promotional purposes of the Omnia Art Prize. The Artist will be properly acknowledged in such promotional material.
- Artwork must be professionally presented for hanging and display. Paper and photography artwork must be framed and include D-rings or hanging wire.
- The Artist is responsible for the transport of their artwork to and from St Kevin’s College on the artwork delivery and collection dates. This includes freight and transport costs (including insurance) in both directions.
- Artwork delivered must be securely wrapped and clearly labelled.
- We will take all reasonable care when handling artworks.
- The Artist agrees that the FOAC is not responsible for loss, theft or damage whatsoever to the entered artwork from delivery of the artwork until collection by the Artist, or their representative, or purchaser.
- Where an Artist or FOAC is unable to perform its obligations under any terms and conditions because of acts of God, strikes, equipment issues, damage or other causes reasonably beyond their control, they shall not be liable to the other for any damages resulting from the failure to perform such obligations.
- If the Omnia Art Prize is cancelled for any reason, the Artists will be refunded the $35.00 entry fee.